We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the A.K. Smiley Public Library in Redlands, California.
The collections include:
- Thousands of books in the California collection, and covers subjects related to the Redlands, San Bernadino county, and the west
- Rare books and autographed books
- Carnegie Indian Collection, which includes volumes primarily on the Indians in California and the Southwest
- Pamphlets and ephemera ranging from the 1860s to present
- A map collection covering San Bernadino and the Redlands area and dating from the 1850s to present
- One of the largest newspaper collections in Southern California
The Citograph, a weekly published newspaper, has been indexed from 1887-1896.
- Thousands of organized manuscript collections
- 100+ oral histories of local families
- Other major collections
View a complete list of the holdings in the Heritage Room by visiting their website.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the A.K. Smiley Public Library begin at $300 per project.
We also have California genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.