We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Adams County Historical Society in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
The collections include:
- 200,000 prints and negatives from 1945 to 2004, including over 3,000 on the Battle of Gettysburg
- 1,000s of documents donated by individuals, families, and businesses
- 40,000 tombstone inscriptions
- Census records from 1762
- Military records on history of PA Volunteers, Revolutionary War Red and Black Series, Civil War damage claims, Civil War eye witness accounts, WW II discharge papers
- Church records, including baptisms and marriages for Lutheran & many non-Lutheran Churches in Adams County and area
- Adams County Clergymen list
- County & business directories
- Telephone directories
- Deeds for Adams County from 1800s
- properties not recorded at the courthouse
- Adams County court records, including Estate Papers (1800-1999), Marriage license applications (1885-1970) Marriage returns, Birth register (1893-1905), Constable’s returns (1808-1901), Tavern license records
- Tax records-1800-1960
- Over 2,000 books
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the Adams County Historical Society begin at $300 per project.
We also have Pennsylvania genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.