We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Alabama Department of Archives and History in Montgomery, Alabama.
This archive contains:
- Federal and state censuses (dating back to pre-statehood from 1819-1950s)
- Vital records (birth, death, marriage, and divorce)
- An extensive newspaper collection, with the oldest newspaper dating back to 1811
- County deeds, wills, and other probate records
- Land records
- Military records (DD214s)
- Surname files
- City directories
- African-American records (Reconstruction to the present)
- American Indian records
- Immigration and naturalization records
View a brochure of a list of holdings maintained by the Alabama Department of Archives and History.
You can search the online catalog of the Alabama state archives to view their complete holdings.
Search for hardbound newspapers provided by ADAH.
Search for microfilmed newspapers provided by ADAH.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.