We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the American Antiquarian Society in Worcester, Massachusetts. Thid archive contains:
- 4 million items related to American history, literature, and visual culture
- Books, manuscripts (spanning the years of 1613-1930), graphic arts and other printed materials
- Almanacs, city directories, and yearbooks
- Biographies and genealogical charts
- Government documents of federal, state, and town governments
- The AAS’s own records from 1812-1959
- Diaries and family papers for central Massachusetts families
- American Historical Newspapers from 1690-1922
- Collections offering perspective on everyday lives, community developments, and the history of printing
Visit the American Antiquarian Society Website for your research.
Access the General Catalog to research current holdings.
View a complete list of other Finding Aids.
The American Antiquarian Society maintains a list of Newspapers held in their collections.
You can access an additional Newspaper Guide of newspapers held by the American Antiquarian Society.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the American Antiquarian Society begin at $300 per project.
We also have Massachusetts genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.