We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the District of Columbia Archives in Washington, D.C.
- Birth certificates (1874-1928)
- Death certificates (1874-1932)
- Marriage certificates (1870-1991)
- Wills and probate records (1801-1999)
- Administration cases (1879-1958)
- Indentures of Apprenticeship records (1812-1893)
- Guardianships and Administrative Bonds records (1862-1939)
- Original wills of Alexander Graham Bell, Francis Scott Key, James Madison, Dolly Madison, Woodrow Wilson, Oliver Wendell Holmes and Frederick Douglass, and the birth certificate for Duke Ellington
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the District of Columbia Archives begin at $300 per project.
We also have Washington, D.C. genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.