We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Ellis Library and Reference Center in Monroe, Monroe County, Michigan.
The collections include:
- Laurant Durocher Account Books (he was an active citizen in the founding of Frenchtown, later to be known as Monroe, Michigan)
- Books of surnames, heraldy, military, and more
- Bygones of Monroe, which are Glimpses of life in Monroe County History taken from area newspapers
- Cemetery listings
- Indexes to cemeteries, surnames, obits, oral histories, and cookbooks
- Newspapers, censuses, tax and church records
- War of 1812 Veterans buried in Monroe County
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the Ellis Library and Reference Center begin at $300 per project.
We also have Michigan genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.