We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Genealogical Society of Monroe County (GSMC) Archives in Monroe County, Michigan.
This archive contains:
- Newsletters from across Michigan and some from Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Illinois
- 13 book cases of reference material for Monroe County, Michigan and adjoining states, plus Kentucky and Tennessee
- Transcriptions of all county cemeteries and several church records
- Betty Gay Collection (obituaries, death records, family group sheets, and pedigree charts for over 5,000 people)
- Massive obituary index to deaths in entire county from 1830s to present
- Photo archives and name/subject files
- Church histories that include biographies
- 2,000 folders of information about Monroe County Civil War soldiers in the museum
- All GSMC’s publications and newsletters
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the Genealogical Society of Monroe County Archives begin at $300 per project.
We also have Michigan genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.