We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington in Washington, D.C.
The collectioms include:
- Personal and family papers, family trees, scrapbooks and memorabilia
- Organizational and business records for Jewish merchants in the downtown Washington, DC business district
- Congregation and synagogue archives, including photographs, correspondence, scrapbooks, anniversary programs and memorabilia
- Historical photographs with more than 1,500 from the 1880s to the present depicting public and private life
- Oral histories spanning six major collections dealing with women caring for communities, birth of Israel, life before immigration to America, suburban Maryland congregations, business, family life and war time
- Ritual objects from mid-19th century
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington begin at $300 per project.
We also have Washington, D.C. genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.