We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Kansas State Historical Society in Topeka, Kansas.
This archive contains:
- Original records of Kansas government jurisdictions
- A military name index going as far back as the Civil War
- Newspapers on microfilm, and includes categories, such as Kansas History since 1916, African American, the Territorial Period, and many more
- Thousands of reels of microfilm with county and city records dating back to 1920
- Access to a list of the counties with records on microfilm
- Census records from 1855-1930
- Indexes to various places in Kansas, including post offices, old and current counties, townships, and cemeteries
- Telephone directories available on loan from KSHS
- Unpublished papers
- Maps, including maps of old counties, and Photographs
The Kansas State Historical Society maintains a webpage for research on their current holdings.
The Kansas State Historical Society provides an Online Catalog.
You may access the KSHS Newspaper Collections by category.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the Kansas State Historical Society begin at $300 per project.
We also have Kansas genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.