We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Maryland State Archives in Annapolis, Maryland. The archives is the repository for Maryland records from the founding of the colony in 1634 to the present and includes a vast collection of original handwritten records. The archives contain the following record collections:
- Birth records for Maryland from May 1898. Birth records within 100 years are available if you supply a death certificate.
- Birth abstracts for Baltimore City from 1875 to 1941 (abstract index)
- Birth abstracts for Maryland Counties from 1898 to 1909 (index) and from 1910 to 1950 (index)
- Death records for Maryland from May 1898 (index for 1898-1969)
- Marriage records from 1640 to 2004 (index)
- Divorce records from 1992 to present for selected counties. Case number is required to access.
- Newspapers from 1700 to 2000 (list of newspapers available)
- Probate/colonial records from 1634 to 1777 (list of records available)
- Land records from 1634 to present
- Church records (list of records available)
- Maps (list of maps available)
- Private papers
- Family histories
The Archives has a great description of their holdings, so check it out to see if they have something you’re seeking.