We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Massachusetts State Archives in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Massachusetts State Archives includes the following record collections:
- Birth, marriage, and death records for Massachusetts from 1841 to 1920 (online index)
- History of Massachusetts from 1600s, including development of the Massachusetts Bay government and settlement of its lands between 1630 and 1800, land grants, divorces, contested estates, petitions and remonstrance, records of mercantile affairs, and tax valuation lists
- State census schedules from 1855 and 1865
- Plymouth Colony records including transcriptions of wills and deeds
- Military records covering from 1643 through 1775
- Massachusetts naturalization records from 1885-1931 (not including federal courts)
- Massachusetts divorces from 1629 to 1921
- Massachusetts probate records from 1630s
- Deeds for property in Suffolk County from 1629-1800
- Passenger Lists for the port of Boston, 1848-1891 (online index)
- Massachusetts Archives Collection Database (1629-1799) (online index)
- African-American and Native American records, including 1754 slave census, early 1800s applications and registers of state-issued passports, applications for southern travel (1842-1845 and 1862), detailed financial records of land sales and poor relief for Native Americans living in MA, and Mashpee Indians census of 1832
Declarations filed after January 1930 generally contain a photograph of the applicant.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.