We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Nebraska State Historical Society Archives located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
This archive contains many statewide records including:
- Newspapers: Over 35,000 rolls of microfilm containing Nebraska newspapers from the territorial time to the present.
- Marriage Records: Available for 86 of Nebraska’s 93 counties.
- City, County and Telephone Directories: A collection of directories for all counties in the state dating back to territorial days.
- County Atlases and Plat Books: Over 500 atlases and plat books dating from 1885 to the present.
- Maps: A collection of maps dating from pre-territorial days to the present.
- Government Records: Public records produced by local, county, and state agencies.
- Manuscript Collections: Over 2,500 separate collections documenting the history private individuals, families, businesses and organizations in Nebraska.
- Business Records: Records of some of Nebraska’s businesses and corporations.
- Church Records: A collection of church records from across the state.
- Family/Individual Records: A collection of diaries, correspondence, etc.
- Photographs: Over 500,000 photographic collections documenting Nebraska life from the late 1800s to the present.
- Political Records: Records of some of Nebraska’s political leaders and organizations.
A searchable online catalog is available.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.