We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the Ohio Historical Society (Ohio State Archives) in Columbus, Ohio.
- Birth records for several Ohio counties from 1867 to 1908
- Ohio marriage records from the date of the county’s creation
- Death records for several counties from 1867 through 1908
- Ohio death certificates from December 20, 1908 through December 31, 1953
- Federal census returns for the State of Ohio 1820 to 1940 (except 1890)
- Naturalization records for some counties from 1790 to 1917
- Military records
- Land records
- Newspapers back to 1793, one of the nation’s largest repositories of newspapers
- State Government records of Ohio’s legislative, executive, and judicial branches
- War of 1812 Roster of Ohio Soldiers
- Index to Ohio Prisoners at Andersonville, Georgia and Salisbury, North Carolina Prisons, 1864-1865
- Wilbur Siebert Underground Railroad Collection, which includes interviews, copies, diaries, letters, photographs,etc
- Maps, political papers, business records, military papers, organizational records, women’s history collections, African American collections, and GLBT collections
You may visit the online catalog to view the holdings of the Ohio Historical Society.
The Ohio Historical Society maintains a detailed newspaper index.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
Research fees in the Ohio Historical Society begin at $300 per project.
We also have Ohio genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.