We have genealogists who perform in-depth research in the W. E. B. Dubois Library in Amherst, Massachusetts.
The library contains:
- 3.6 million books
- 80,000 online journals
- 700,000 e-books
- 200 databases
The collections include:
- Church records
- City and business directories through 1860 and a selection of city directories from 1861 to present
- New England probate records from 1635
- Mayflower records from 1620 including cemeteries, church records, descendants, family life, history, marriages, Mayflower passengers, Mayflower ship, periodicals, probate records, societies, and town records
- New England land records and tax records from 1771-1861
- Massachusetts Archive records 1630-1799, including original records of the Governor, Council, the General Court, the Secretary, and the Treasurer. Includes land grants and early records of divorces and contested estates; legislative papers,including petitions and remonstrances; military records from 1643 through 1775; records of mercantile affairs; and tax valuation lists, 1738-1786
See the website for a more detailed list of available collections.
Research fees at the W.E.B. Dubois Library begin at $300 per project.
We’ll search records for you and email you digital images of what we find.
We also have Massachusetts genealogists.
To request in-depth research, request a research quote.